SUGGESTED FEED PROTOCOL FOR HORSES WITH RESPIRATORY ISSUES
We suggest a feed program with low sugar/low glycemic index for horses with respiratory issues. Thoroughbred, Quarter Horse, Barrel Racing, Polo, Harness Racing, Cross Country and Endurance horses can benefit from our groundbreaking supplement and feed protocol.
Use a beet pulp based grain with no corn and low or no sugar/molasses. Cut out Alfalfa hay. Feed a good straight Timothy hay. Please consult with your local feed dealer or contact us for feed suggestions or questions.
Winners Help Line: 855-537-8463
*disregard sweet feed for sport horses (Dressage, Hunter/Jumper, etc.)
If using Lasix, continue with normal amounts in conjunction with our products. Keep all your regular protocols in place and just add in our X-Treme Air products and feed protocol program to your normal routine.
We guarantee that if you follow our feeding suggestions and the X-Treme Air protocol below, you WILL SEE RESULTS.
X-Treme Air Protocol:
Quick reference feed protocol
Here is what we do and our event protocol "Quick" reference guide.
1) X-Treme Air daily 2 times a day.
2) X-Treme 3 Day PreEvent before any event, breeze or 2min lick.
3) 1 Boost paste 4-6 hours before any breeze, Event or 2 min lick. If horse has severe respiratory issues, one the night before also.
4) Give Lasix if still available before any breeze, extreme work, 2 min lick etc. Or use our X-Treme Force in conjuction with our other products.
5) No B12 or creatine, also no "niacin" products like in a blood builder, try to avoid blood builder products in general. If you jug, make sure there's no B12 in jug.
6) Feed a low sugar (including low molasses) and no corn or corn products in diet. Beet pulp based grains/senior feeds preferred (low glycemic). If you see molasses in the first 3 ingredients stay away. Can substitute real honey for sweetness and rice bran oil if feeding oils, but no corn or vegetable oils.
Remember, peppermints are sugar, feed carrots or apples as a treat.
7) Give pure vitamin C (not a blend) and L-Arginine and BCAA daily as directed.
8) Cut out Alfalfa or use very little, use a straight Timothy or Orchard.
9) If a horse has had a respiratory incident, give full regiment of (as prescribed by vet) antibiotics and full regiment of anti fungal.
10. Avoid electrolytes that have sugar/dextrose, use a salt lick or our X-Treme Sweat and restore, because it is also the ultimate electrolyte with no sugar.
11. 3oz apple cider vinegar a day.
Note: Sugar/dextrose and other sugars are the enemy of a bleeder or a horse with respiratory issues. Also corn and corn byproducts cause inflammation in the lungs and joints and should be avoided.
*X-Treme Boost Paste and X-Treme Force Diuretic is used for training purposes (breezing, etc.)
**Event is referring to sport horses, not racing
Here is a suggested list of Do's and Don'ts for horses with respiratory issues.
Don'ts...Cut out these things as much as possible.
- Oats (Limit)
- Sugar and high sugar products
- Molasses (Limit)
- Corn and corn products
- Vegetable oil that contains corn
- B-12. While B-12 is great for many horses, it is not good for horses that bleed or have respiratory issues.
Do's....Things that you can substitute with much better benefits without negative consequences.
- See feed protocol
- Substitute honey in place of sugar/molasses. This will sweeten the food naturally. Use locally harvested honey when possible. This will help with allergies and honey is a natural antibiotic
- Proper veterinary care
- Use Winners Equine X-Treme Daily Respiratory Treatment as directed.
Use Winners Equine X-Treme 3 day and X-Treme Boost before the event.
These are just a few things that will help your horse be at their best.
Winners Equine Daily Respiratory Health Treatment will not only help your horse to stop respiratory but will also help with inflammation, circulation, mucus control, allergies, hoof growth, brain function, stamina and many other benefits. If you have questions about nutrition or our products, we at Winners Equine Products are here to help!
By making these changes your horse will feel better and perform better.
We have found anti-fungal products with antibiotics after your horse shows signs of respiratory issues are very effective with our feed protocol and X-Treme Air products. We have seen first hand amazing results. Fulvicin and Ketoconazole are two common anti-fungal products we have used with success.
We always suggest that you consult your veterinarian before use of any medications.
Did you know horses on layup and stall rest will benefit from our daily herbs? Because of the dust from shavings, hay and environment allergens horses will get mucus and allergy symptoms, but Winners Equine Daily herbs will help them stay healthy.
Because when the respiratory system is working at full capacity, the oxygen level in the blood is increased which effects the entire body in a positive way.
Note: Our products are designed for healing and they are preventative maintenance products. If a horse has a lung infection, treat with veterinary protocols and use X-Treme Air Daily Treatment to rebuild and maintain respiratory health and wellness.
Our products are scientifically designed to help your horse win!
Read WILL NOT TEST next
Read EXTRA BENEFITS OF USING OUR PRODUCTS next
Winners Equine Products statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.